Edyta Bogucka received in 2016 a Master degree in Environmental Development, Planning and Management at Warsaw University of Technology, Poland. Before moving to Munich, she gained working experience as a city planner and cartographer in urban design studios, museums and GIS companies. Working since April 2017 as a research assistant at the Chair of Cartography, she investigates Geospatial Information Services for Smart Cities and helps in coordinating the International Master of Science Programme in Cartography.
- machine learning
- spatial digital humanities
- historical dynamics
- visual analytics
- GIS applications for spatial planning
School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe, Berlin (August 2018)
Summer School on Machine Learning for Artists:
- real-time interaction design,
- deep learning,
- neural style transfer for Cartography,
- generative models for real-time generative media.
- Geospatial Information Services for Smart Cities Driven by Big Data (2018 - 2020)
- Semantically Enriched and User Orientated Multi-Modal Navigation (2017 - 2018)
- Feasibility of the Space–Time Cube in Temporal Cultural Landscape Visualization. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information 7 (6), 2018, 209 more…
- Space-Time Cube - A Visualization Tool for Landscape Changes. KN Journal of Cartography and Geographic Information 67 (4), 2017 more…
- Mapping historical landscape changes with the use of a space-time cube. The 28th International Cartographic Conference , International Cartographic Association, 2017Washington, D.C., USA more…
- Use of cartography and remote sensing in heritage landscape change detection on the example of the Royal Castle gardens in Warsaw. Teledetekcja Środowiska 54 (1), 2016, 33 - 49 more…
Awards and Grants
- Second Prize Award within the VIII Cartography and Geoinformation Polish Master Thesis Competition, 2016
- ERASMUS+ Traineeship for Students Programme, 2015
- Scholarship of the Minister of Science and Higher Education, Republic of Poland, for outstanding study achievements, 2014
- E. P. Bogucka, C. Murphy (2018): SNmultimodal – a Pilot Study for Semantically Enriched and User-Oriented Multimodal Navigation. PFGK18, 7-9 March 2018, Munich, Germany.
- E. P. Bogucka, M. Jahnke (2017): From spatial digital humanities to Land Change Science – analysing and visualizing spatiotemporal dynamics of cultural landscape with the use of a space-time cube. International Land Use Symposium (ILUS), 1-3 November 2017, Dresden, Germany.
- E. P. Bogucka, M. Jahnke (2017): Space-time cube - a visualization tool for historical landscape changes. 65. Deutscher Kartographie Kongress, 26-28 September 2017, Berlin, Germany.
- E. P. Bogucka, M. Jahnke (2017): Mapping historical landscape changes with the use of a space-time cube. The 28th International Cartographic Conference, 2-7 July 2017, Washington, D.C., USA.